Fox and McCarthy enlisted crews of students from the Center for Creative Studies to assist deliver the painted murals again to life. A state-of-the-art kitchen was installed within the former servant’s quarters on the rear of the mansion. The dining rooms on the first and second floors had been named after their original objective and every is uniquely furnished. The Whitney restaurant went on to become a culinary leader within the Detroit area for a few years. The Visiting Nurse Association had moved its offices to the carriage house in 1929. The horse stalls have been transformed into workplaces for coaching with funds offered by Mrs. F.M. Alger.

Leave a Reply