Now that summer is nearly here, many people are starting to spend more time outdoors. If you have a backyard and want to make the most out of it when the weather is at its best, you’ll be interested to discover the current garden trends that will make your outdoor space come to life.
A Stylish Garden Bar
People who are frequent hosts and entertainers will definitely approve of the trend to have a garden bar installed. With storage for drinks and mixers, seats for guests, and your own personal touches, you can invite your friends and family to enjoy summer together. While hosting parties in your home is always fun, moving them into the garden to spend time in the fresh air adds something extra special.
Since more and more people are becoming conscious of looking after the environment and being kinder to nature, a growing trend is to make your garden a safe and attractive place for different kinds of wildlife. There are a few ways you can achieve this.
- A meadow instead of a lawn can help all kinds of pollinators to thrive in your garden. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy the vibrant variety of wildflowers right outside your door.
- A Water Garden not only makes for a beautiful feature but can also help to encourage surrounding plants and helpful insect life to flourish.
- Getting the kids involved in creating bug hotels is a popular way of encouraging biodiversity in your garden – plus, they’ll learn something in the process.
- Bird feeders and birdbaths are excellent for creating opportunities to watch different kinds of birds visit your garden. This might not be advised if you have a cat that likes to hunt, however.
A Peaceful Summer House
Another favorite way of making the most out of an outdoor space is to build a summer house. This kind of garden space offers seclusion and peace from the main building as well as more chances to enjoy nature. You could use your summer house as a place to unwind after a hard day at work, a studio for your craft, or as a home office.
Including Sustainable Elements
Sustainability is becoming more of a priority for many people around the world. If you want to introduce sustainable features to your garden, you could consider the following:
- Creating a compost area for food waste. This can make growing your plants much easier and more successful.
- Planning a vegetable garden or greenhouse. You can live more sustainably by eating your own produce.
- Letting your grass grow wild. What many people consider to be weeds are often simply misunderstood. This also saves you from having to mow the lawn all the time.
Trends and Timelessness
Keeping up with garden trends is a fun way to reconnect with your outdoor space. However, remember that your own personal style and taste are just as worthwhile. By mixing together contemporary trends with your idea of fun, you’ll be able to create an exciting and beautiful garden.